Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Welcome to Ann's Blog

Many of you--and by "many" I mean my sister-in-law and the voices inside my own head--have suggested that I start a blog to chronicle my experience in Pensacola and beyond, specifically Japan. I was resistant at first. Isn't that a bit self-indulgent? After all, I have no children to report about or interesting career anecdotes to share. Hell, I don't even have a job. But I decided that down here on the bayou, amidst the humidity, the Southern drawls and the Waffle Houses as copious as the mosquitoes, I just might be able to mine a few anecdotal gems to share with you all--I mean, ya'll.

So check in periodically to read about anything from my latest misadventure down here in the swamp to a delectable new recipe I've discovered. Maybe I'll share some pictures of that adorable hound, Elton, or just vent about a frustrating day. Oh, the possibilities. Whatever the topic may be, I'll try my best to be entertaining.


Oh, and just so there's no confusion about the title: there are two Ns in "Annals," people! This isn't that kind of a blog.


7 comments:

Grandpa/Grandma Kemper said...

Great idea Ann. Can't wait to hear of your adventures. Love, Dad

Unknown said...

Yes! I love the idea! :) Keep us all updated :) Love you guys! --Bethie

Sarah Engler said...

ok, i thought the name was "annie's animals"--which, by the way, should be the name of a kids' show.

i vow to be a regular blog reader.

Swain said...

You know Im totally down with reading about your crazy daze in Northern FLA!!
Watch out for the gators!! One tried to attack my dad on the golf course and was saved by my mom's cat-like reflexes that allowed her to run after the gator with a 9-iron. :)

Jamie Blanchaert said...

This is so exciting, Annals! I can't wait to read more. I hope all is well with you! Love ya, Jamie

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Of course, now the real "work" comes in - you have to actually update the blog! I will be reading up on you.

P.S. Your blog is "flagged" as a potential "user violation" when I log in. Could it be the title? Amateurs!

Julia Goolia said...

What's this? A new blog to follow? I love it! I didn't know you moved but this will be a fabulous way to keep up with everyone, I promise. That is how I started mine a few years ago and now I can honestly say it's quite therapeutic for me.

Welcome to the world of blogging! Your trip to FL sounds both frightening and hilarious at the same time:)